|safe sexual activity
Jun 6, 2001
It is said that self masturbation is 100 safe.Is Self masturbation in a public toilet 100 safe? Is it possible to become infected by touching the doorknob of a public toilet which may have semen on it and then masturbating and as a result becoming infected? Is this considered a safe sexual activity.
Response from Dr. Little
You cannot contract HIV infection from contact with a public toilet seat. HIV survives very poorly outside the body and contact to intact skin is considered no risk in any event. Take standard approaches to cleanliness and the risk of self masturbation is zero.
HIV life outside of body
- Is Itchy Scrotum An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- HIV Infection Risk Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Blisters After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have
- Penis Discharge After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.