|WHAT IS A NADIR?
Jun 6, 2001
Dr Little ;I don't understand the term nadir? what does it mean,Thank you.
Response from Dr. Little
Sorry, nadir refers to the lowest point measured in any continuously measured laboratory test. That is, if someone's CD4 count falls to 200, then they start potent antiretroviral therapy and their CD4 cell count rises to 500 - their nadir CD4 cell count (the lowest they have ever been) is 200.
line probe assay
- Whats The Percentage Chance Of A Man Getting Hiv From A Woman?
- Can You Get Hiv Through Dried Blood?
- Will Chlamydia Be Detected In Blood Test?
- What Would Happen If You Had Sex With Someone That Had Genital Warts?
- What Does It Mean To Have Herpes Antibodies?
- Treatment Of Chlamydia How Long Before Symptoms Gone
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.