|Resistance to meds
Jun 6, 2001
Dr Little;thanks for all your great work on this site.I'm I correct in assuming that if your 100 compliant with meds never missing a dose and take within a 2 hour window of regular dosing times, you shouldn't be at risk of developing a resistance to your meds.Is that true.
Response from Dr. Little
I never say never, but if you take your meds with this degree of faithfulness, and your viral load is less than 50 while on your current therapy, your chances of developing drug resistance are as close to zero as one could possibly hope.
Contracting the Virus
- Sinus Infection After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- How To Spot An Std?
- Pathophysiology Of Cervical Cancer
- Will Douching Get Rid Of This Brown Vaginal Discharge Causes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.