HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

Resistance to meds

Dr Little;thanks for all your great work on this site.I'm I correct in assuming that if your 100 compliant with meds never missing a dose and take within a 2 hour window of regular dosing times, you shouldn't be at risk of developing a resistance to your meds.Is that true.

Response from Dr. Little

I never say never, but if you take your meds with this degree of faithfulness, and your viral load is less than 50 while on your current therapy, your chances of developing drug resistance are as close to zero as one could possibly hope.

Contracting the Virus
resistance?