HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

Contracting the Virus

I've always heard you can get AIDS from intercourse (both vaginal and anal) as well as through blood etc etc. That is until recently, I've now been told you won't get AIDS through intercourse unless you have cuts or other open wounds on your penis? Is this true or is it a total lie?

Response from Dr. Little

You can contract HIV through unprotected (ie. no condom or barrier) anal and vaginal intercourse - this has not been a debated fact for more than a decade. It is not necessary to have open cuts or wounds on the penis for transmission to occur.

combivir/sustiva resistance
Resistance to meds