|Contracting the Virus
Jun 6, 2001
I've always heard you can get AIDS from intercourse (both vaginal and anal) as well as through blood etc etc. That is until recently, I've now been told you won't get AIDS through intercourse unless you have cuts or other open wounds on your penis? Is this true or is it a total lie?
Response from Dr. Little
You can contract HIV through unprotected (ie. no condom or barrier) anal and vaginal intercourse - this has not been a debated fact for more than a decade. It is not necessary to have open cuts or wounds on the penis for transmission to occur.
Resistance to meds
- How Long Does It Take To Contract The HIV/AIDS Virus After Sexual Intercourse?
- How Can You Contract The Aids Virus?
- What Are Some Ways To Avoid Contracting The Aids Virus?
- Can You Contract AIDS From Making Out?
- What Astrological Signs Contract The Aids Virus Most?
- Symptoms Of Genital Herpes Outbreak
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.