HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

VERY WORRIED

Thanks for your valuable time! I am HIV+ since 1985 and have been through most combos the latest one Agenerase/Epivir/Hydrea/Videx/Abacavir V.L.10000 TC4 352 since 5 months. After a resistance test my Doc told me I was resistant to almost all meds used and being used up until now. He offered me 2 options: Continue with a new Combo with Rescriptor/ABT378 AND SOME MORE...or 2/3 weeks meds vacation. I don't know what to do. Do you think a med vacation could be good in my case? I also want to let you know I am suffering since 6 months from a heavy depression where another Doc give me Zoloft since a couple of weeks....

What is your opinion..I would very much appreciate your input. By the way, I have never had any clinical problems so far. Thanks a lot

Erick

It's hard for me to evaluate your case without the resistance information and what drugs, in what combination, and for how long you took them. The use ABT378 in the face of other protease inhibitor resistance, is probably worth while. Not knowing the mutations that were present in the reverse transcriptase gene in your case, I am not sure I would combine it only with rescriptor. You don't want to be put in the situation of having monotherapy with ABT378.

MH

The virus infecting lymphocytes to cause aids
CMV AND SPINAL MENINGITIS