May 25, 2001
cannot take interferon is there another drug
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Unfortunately, there is no alternative to interferon. There are some drugs on the distant horizon, protease inhibitors and helicase inhibitors and ribozymes, but they are at least 5 years off. The new pegylated interferons are much easier to take and have many fewer side effects. You may want to consider those. DTD
Resistance toward infections during ARS
- Vaginal Discharge Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Can You Get HIV From Touching A Bloody Scab?
- Bloody Urine After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.