May 25, 2001
cannot take interferon is there another drug
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Unfortunately, there is no alternative to interferon. There are some drugs on the distant horizon, protease inhibitors and helicase inhibitors and ribozymes, but they are at least 5 years off. The new pegylated interferons are much easier to take and have many fewer side effects. You may want to consider those. DTD
Resistance toward infections during ARS
- Dark Bumps After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Needle Stick Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Needle Stick Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Protected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.