HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

Intermitten Atripla treatment

Should I try the FOTO approach (five days on, weekend off) that was conducted by Dr. Cohen with successful viral suppression in 48 wks for patients on Atripla? My main concern is the drug resistance. I'm 27 yo Asian male living in the USA & was newly infected in Oct 09 and on Atripla ever since. My viral load is undetectable with CD4 always above 600. Atripla is OK but I have a lot of sleeping probs thanks so much for your great work!!!

Response from Dr. Sherer

No. You should talk to your doctor and work out an effective treatment schedule, including the possibliity of an alternate regimen to improve sleep, or medication to aid sleep, but I do not recommend that you try the FOTO approach on your own.

Undetectability
More info on Darunavir + return to Efavirenz