Dec 21, 2008
What is the proper term of "Geno test"?
Response from Dr. Sherer
A 'geno' test is a genotype, i.e. a test that literally describes the main parts of the HIV genome. When the test shows no resistance mutations, we refer to it as 'wild type'.
When the genotype shows one or more mutations, we refer to the mutation by its place on the genome sequence - eg position 184 - and the substitution that has taken place, e.g. valine for methionine, leading to the 'M-184-V' mutation.
I suggest that you keep a list of confusing terms to discuss with your doctor, and include this exchange.
every other day
missed dosed of Atripla
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hpv After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Neuropathy After Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.