|is kaletra ok
Nov 22, 2008
i am in my first month of pregnancy and my Dr's PA prescribed combivir and kaletra for me during the pregnancy. is it ok to take kalatra? i read that it was unsafe for the unborn baby. please advise. thanks,theresa
Response from Dr. Sherer
Kaletra (lopinavir/r) is the only recommended protease inhibitor in the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists recommendations for ART in pregnant women. It has the most experience of any boosted PI. I support your doctor's recommendation to you.
I urge you to talk to your doctor about your concerns, and this response.
Discordant Genotypes - which meds ?
- Bloody Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.