HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

is kaletra ok

i am in my first month of pregnancy and my Dr's PA prescribed combivir and kaletra for me during the pregnancy. is it ok to take kalatra? i read that it was unsafe for the unborn baby. please advise. thanks,theresa

Response from Dr. Sherer

Kaletra (lopinavir/r) is the only recommended protease inhibitor in the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists recommendations for ART in pregnant women. It has the most experience of any boosted PI. I support your doctor's recommendation to you.

I urge you to talk to your doctor about your concerns, and this response.

Discordant Genotypes - which meds ?
Low CD4