|re: FAA medical cert.
Oct 3, 2008
I read your comments with interest. A year ago, I looked into the requirements for pilot medical cert. While HIV was NOT disqualifying, it does require more stringent testing. And since you have to swear under oath when filling out the form concerning medical conditions as well as prescription drugs, not disclosing your status could subject you to criminal penalties. I'd suggest the original questioner to go to the FAA website and research the matter. Maybe it has changed in the last year.
Response from Dr. Sherer
I appreciate the comment and the suggestion.
How long will I live?
- Will I Always Test Positive For Hpv?
- Where Are Genital Herpes Sores Located On Women?
- What Percentage Of Men Become Infected With Chlamydia And Have No Symptoms?
- On What Parts Of Body Can Shingles Appear
- What Is The Life Span Of A Person Infected With Herpes?
- What Are The Chances Of Passing Chlamydia With A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.