Sep 14, 2008
I am wondering if altripla and trizivir close to the same meds?
Response from Dr. Sherer
No. Although both are three drug combinations, they are NOT the same medications, and not even close.
The only components that are somewhat in common are FTC and 3TC, which are very similar in chemical structure, action, side effects, and resistance. However, there are also some differences, as FTC has a much longer half-life in the blood than 3TC.
Aripla is a preferred initial regimen for the treatment of HIV in the US HHS Guidelines. Trizivir is not recommended for use in initial treatment due to inferior virologic efficacy.
viral blip conundrum
- Itchy Vagina After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.