HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

resistance

my husband has been taking combir and efavirenz for the past year In february he went to have a viral load tesy and it came out 72,80RNAc/ml and then he went again in March and it came out 682,85RNCa/ml the doctor asked him to go for another one and it came out a bit low 654,14RNAc/ml. my question is does this mean resistance or its just a blip am confused we are still waiting for the third result before the doctor send shim for resistance test. Help please

Response from Dr. Sherer

Please re-submit your question after answering the following questions about the values you are citing:

Do you mean three values of 72.80 copies/ml, 682.85 copies/ml, and 654.14 copies/ml of RNA?

I have never seen viral load reports that include hundredths of viral load. It is also possible that you meant 72,800, 682.850, and 654,140....OR it is possible that you meant 7,280, 68,285, and 65,414 copies/ml.

So please clarify exactly what the viral load test values were and I will answer your question.

CD4 declining
ON TREATMENT BUT CANNOT GET UNDETECTABLE