HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

am i resistant to there drugs?

hi there i was kiven kivexa, tealzir and norvir i took them for 2 months and i stoped them myself do i develop resistance to these drugs?thanks

Response from Dr. Sherer

Not necessarily, though there is a small risk of drug resistance each time ART medications are stoppped. If you stopped all of the drugs at the same time, you should be OK, for now. The more important point is that its unwise for you to stop and start medications on your own without a doctor's knowledge and consent. I advise you to return to your doctor and to talk about the issues that led you to stop your ART, all in order for you and your doctor to work out a treatment plan that will be in the best interest of your long term health.

Atripla
Lac of Stocrin, should I stop the other meds (Biovir)?