HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

Please, need URGENT advice!!!

Ive started PEP with Truvada and Kaletra 36 hours later after a risk exposure. It was an insertive anal intercourse, the condom broke and a little wound was made in my pennies skin (with apparently no signs of bleeding for both: me (the top) and my partner (the bottom)). After a rapid hiv-test my partner is hiv+. He told the doctors that he took a PEP on January 15th with the same drugs that have been prescribed to me now. He DINT take an hiv-test after the treatment, just an hiv-test the same day he started PEP, and it was negative. Im worried about possible resistance of the virus to that drugs, after taking them in a previous PEP and became positive after that. My doctor says that is UNLIKELY, and he recommends me to carry on with this conbination. Is this correct in your opinion or shoud the drugs be changed? Please, Im very worried about this, so it will be very hepful if you answer me as quick as possible. My treatment started last Sunday (September 30th)

Response from Dr. Sherer

I agree with your doctor. The risk of resistance with a boosted PI regimen containing Kaletra and Truvada is negligable, and you can safely complete this PEP regimen.

Viral Load and CD4 count Levels
Missed Doses of Atripla?