HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

Missed a dose

I forgot to take my dose in the morning, what do i do with that dose, do i keep it or i dont have to take it at all? I take combivir and stocrin.

Thanks

Response from Dr. Sherer

If I were your doctor, I would ask you, what do YOU think, and what did you do that day?

The answer is, if you forget the dose in the morning and remember in the afternoon, take the dose immediately, so that you reduce the amount of time when the levels of both drugs may be too low, eg longer than 24 hours for Stocrin, and longer than 12 hours for Combivir.

Then you can take your usual dose the next morning, as per your routine.

I suggest that you talk to your doctor about this event, your question, and this answer. You and your doctor will want to check your viral load and CD4 cell count again to see whether there were any consequences from this event.

NRTI&NNRTI'S RESISTANCE
CXCR4 and CCR5 co-drug