HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

When Should I start meds?

I had a qustion about when i should start meds.As of my last lab my cd4 is 608its been 585 702 516 started out at 524 and Hiv RNA is 49831 but started out at 85683 I am on no hiv meds now but taking mulivtitmin and Co Q-10 and what whould you say take first I work and have a good gen tape test report?And What other vitamin should I look in to?

Response from Dr. Sherer

Current guidelines agree that everyone with a CD4 cell count below 200 should be on ART. People with a viral load above 100,000 should also consider starting ART. In addition, people with levels of CD4 cells between 200 and 350 cells/ml should consider starting ART.

I urge you to talk to your doctor about the best timing of ART for you, as well as your question about the possible value of supplemental vitamins.

one year on. hows it going?
Assessing first therapy options vs. side effects