HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

What are my options

Im in Australia and have a fantastic doctor. he has spoken of the possibility of once a week ijections and of systems that will allow drugs to be blown through the skin. I have CD4 of about 400 and Undetectable VL...I am 42 and so keen to make it to 52 and beyond. What are my options should Fuezon fail or become resistant. i am resistant to most other drugs.Thanks

Response from Ms. Salisbury

Hi Australia, You have many options. Fuzeon is a bridge to keep you healthy until the new drugs become available. There should be at least 2 new classes of HIV meds available soon. These include the entry inhibitors and the integrase inhibitors.

The once a week option is currently being studied, I am not sure when it will be available. It would be a great plus for giving a great drug such as Fuzeon to patients who are reluctant to inject twice a day. Keep the faith. Carol

cure or treatment?
natural fusion inhibitors