|Update on "5 Doses Missed"
Jul 16, 2006
Hi. Just wanted to update you on what my numbers were after the incident of missing 5 doses of Truvada. The labs taken immediately BEFORE I missed the doses (and two weeks after starting meds) were very disappointing....CD4s dropped from 172 to 117! VL stayed basically the same at 56,000. But the labs taken 5 weeks after meds, 3 weeks after the missed doses, showed CD4s going to 295 (and up from 13% to 17%) and VL plummeting from 56,000 to 113. I'm encouraged. Thanks again for your advice.
Response from Dr. Sherer
Thank you for providing this follow up.
Rate of Progression Question
lost medication while on holiday
- Itchy Rash After Touching Urine Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Getting Scratched Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling Lips After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.