HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

symptoms but (-) EIA result

I had unprotected oral sex 8 months ago.I had some symptoms after 1 months like acute viral syndrome. my symptoms were rash,dierrha,headache,sore throat,fatique. My groin area lymph node were swollen 4 months ago. (only groin area).I have had 4 purpish point for 3 months. One of my shoulder, 3 of my face.I have had very lots of dandruff in my hair for 4 months.I have had night sweat for 10 days. I tested anti-HIV (1-2 )EIA in hospital 1,2,4,5,6,7 months but all of my tests(-) negatif(6 times). 1- How many possibility of hiv after 7 months but some symtoms. ??? Can I say my body didn't produce HIV ANTIBODY?? 2- what can i do?

Response from Dr. Little

It is extremely unlikely that you are HIV infected if you have tested HIV negative for 7 months following a risky exposure and symptoms resembling a viral illness. The vast majority of individuals do seroconvert (become HIV positive) within 6 months of an exposure. The few examples of more delayed seroconversion that I am aware of have been associated with simultaneous exposure to Hepatitis C, the taking of antiretroviral medications (post-exposure prophylaxis) during the 4 weeks after the exposure, and any history to suggest that an individual has an impaired ability to make antibodys (not just to HIV). In the absence of any of these, I suspect that you are truely negative. Though, with a compelling enough (ie risky enough) risk exposure and symptoms, some physicians might advise that you have one final test at 12 months to be even more certain.

blindness and brain lesions
clarificatoin on testing?