|Treatment naive patient
Apr 10, 2006
I dont seem to understand what is meant by a treatment naive patient. Would like to know if am one of them.
Response from Dr. Sherer
"Treatment naive" means you have never been treated before with antiretroviral therapy.
Every patient with HIV infection is 'treatment naive' until they take their first ART pills, and from there after, they are no longer treatment naive, they are treatment experienced. Think of it as virginity related to taking medications.
Followup: choice of NRTI's after phenotype
- Itchy Vagina After Licking Rectum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Psoriasis After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- How Soon Can You Detect Std's?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.