|two readings of Viral load plus 700
Mar 30, 2006
Response from Dr. Sherer
No, I would not be quick to make a change based on this information after such prolonged good success. I would advise you and your doctor to promptly obtain a third viral load and a genotype test, which on occasion will yield a result in spite of a viral load below 1,000 copies/ml. On occassion, blips last longer than a week or two, and its also possible that you are seeing two consecutive blips. I would also review your adherence, and other possible influences on the viral load in the recent past such as viral infections or vaccinations.
I suggest you take this important question and this answer and talk to your doctor about your next steps, and I would wonder, what was his or her advice when you received the second value?
Does Mutations mean Resistant?
geno test results
- Headache After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Licking Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Inverted Condom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.