HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

should i be worried

ive been undetectable now for 4 years and have just had a v load count above 50 (82)for the first time, my team assure me this could just be a glitch but could, is not very reassuring, ive had my bloods take again but must wait 2 weeks for the results, my combo is Tenofovir,Lamivudine and Efavirenz once a day, i missed one does 3 days before my last bloods were taken this is something that happens rarely if at all, should i be worried. can v loads creep above the undetectable mark? thank you....

Response from Dr. Sherer

More than a 'glitch', your doctor probably said that this is just a 'blip', meaning a transient small rise (between 50 and 500 copies/ml) that returns to undetectable with a repeat measure, and which is not associated with a greater risk of virologic failure.

That is most likely what this represents, and you should not be worried...unduly. However, it should reinforce your resolve to take every dose of ART and not miss a single one, so that you've done everything you can to prevent drug resistance and treatment failure.

I urge you to relax...and talk to your doctor about these issues.

Stopped ART while on TB Rx
drug resistant thrush