|Short question on drug resistance
Jan 23, 2006
Dear Doctor Sherer; In your experience, what is the longest duration you have known a patient to go without experiencing drug resistance/changes to regimens.
Response from Dr. Sherer
Nine years and counting. Most of such experiences start in 1995-1996, during the start of the HAART era. There are also some patients who fit this description but who changed their regimens for minor toxicities or to simplify the regimen, but without any virologic failure or drug resistance.
Sustiva And Epzicom
- What Does It Mean When Hiv Is Lying Dormant In Your Body?
- Getting Hiv Through Fingering With A Cut On Finger
- When They Do The Hiv Blood Test Do They Also Check For Herpes?
- What's The Likelihood Of Somebody Getting Herpes From Protected Sex?
- What Do I Do If My Girlfriend Has Hpv?
- What Can I Use To Stop The Itching Of The Shingles?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.