|Short question on drug resistance
Jan 23, 2006
Dear Doctor Sherer; In your experience, what is the longest duration you have known a patient to go without experiencing drug resistance/changes to regimens.
Response from Dr. Sherer
Nine years and counting. Most of such experiences start in 1995-1996, during the start of the HAART era. There are also some patients who fit this description but who changed their regimens for minor toxicities or to simplify the regimen, but without any virologic failure or drug resistance.
Sustiva And Epzicom
- Sex With A Prostitute Worried I Have AIDS
- Burning Urethra After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Licking Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Feet After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.