HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

Dr Sherer....

Dr.Renslow

My exposure was I had protected sex with a prostitute, I ejaculated out and i saw the condom was on my penis.....but here is the twist!

While I was withdrawing my condom had slipped, I vaguely remember but not sure that it covered my urethra....atleast what I am sure of is that when I withdrew I saw the condom hanging on my penis. I AM DEAD FOR SURE!!

To make matters worse, I have severe guilt...I cheated on my girlfriend......

In above circumstances should I test?

I have no symptoms of STD/HIV(ARS) up till now.....It's been close to 30 days.

Love From india

Response from Dr. Sherer

I personally have no judgement of you for this action, neither positive nor negative. People choose to have sex, and smart people do stupid things, all the time. I will remind you that you chose to use a condom. You made this choice - perhaps you know your true feelings better now for feeling this guilt. I urge you not to make things worse by delaying further. Both you and your girlfriend need to be tested, and you need to tell her what happened. You will only make things worse by waiting.

As you know, it doesn't matter that you have no symptoms. Go NOW to a doctor and tell him or her what happened, and ask for an HIV test and tests for STIs (syphilis, and perhaps GC and chlamydia).

Then go tell your girlfriend what happened, so that she can also get tested for HIV and STIs. Whether she leaves you or stays is up to her, but you are doing her an additional injury by not telling her.

Is this an ERROR?
cd4 goes up but viral load also again