Mar 24, 2001
Can my drug resistance be measured if my VL is undetectable?
thank u, JD
Response from Dr. Little
No - the generally available resistance test relies on the detection of HIV RNA (the virus) in the blood. This typically requires and HIV RNA (viral load) of 500-1000 copies. Tests which will be able to permit resistance testing at lower levels of virus are being developed, but are not generally available at this time.
Symptoms of HIV
- Does HIV Cause Rectal Bleeding?
- Is Rectal Bleeding A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Muscle Ache Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Topping Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Urine Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.