Mar 24, 2001
Can my drug resistance be measured if my VL is undetectable?
thank u, JD
Response from Dr. Little
No - the generally available resistance test relies on the detection of HIV RNA (the virus) in the blood. This typically requires and HIV RNA (viral load) of 500-1000 copies. Tests which will be able to permit resistance testing at lower levels of virus are being developed, but are not generally available at this time.
Symptoms of HIV
- Neuropathy After Topping Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Are Abnormal Cells An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.