HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

worried

I had an unprotected sex four years ago and never had any kind of problems as far as my health is related. I am perfectly alright right now. my question is do i still have to worry about being HIV postive

Response from Dr. Little

Yes, any prior unsafe sexual practice is a cause for at least some concern, particularly if the HIV status of your partner at that time was positive or unknown. It is possible to become HIV infected without any symptoms or health problems which would otherwise prompt you to seek a medical evaluation. In order to be certain that you are HIV negative, you should have an HIV antibody test. These tests are available free of charge at most public health departments and many other community clinics and care facilities.

passing to baby
How long does it take to get results?