|cross-resistance BETWEEN classes?
Oct 27, 2004
Is it possible to have an NRTI resistance mutation that's also resistant to PIs or NNRTIs? Can mutations cross over entire classes, or do they only cross over to other meds within one specific class?
Thank you! Concerned
Response from Dr. Sherer
At present, there is no evidence of cross resistance outside of a single class. Thus our concerns for cross resistance are limited to drugs of the same class, and sequencing of regimens is dominated by options for second and third line drugs in the NRTI and PI class, since the NNRTIs to date have complete cross-resistance, and can only be used once.
4 nukes and resistance question
Forgot to take one med
- Runny Nose After Touching Spit Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Hep B Carrier Go With A Friend For Chemo Treatments?
- Can A Vaginal Cyst Look Like An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.