|Effects of drugs on liver
Jul 24, 2004
My husband is on the combination Viread, Epivir and Sustiva. My question is, can these meds or any combination have any effect on his liver? Also, i would like to know when is your viral load considered undetectable?
Response from Dr. Sherer
This ART regimen is associated with low levels of liver toxicity, in the range of 3-5%. Nonetheless, his doctcor will be checking his liver function and enymes regularly to monitor the effects, so this important question should be put to him or her.
An undetectable viral load varies from assay to assay, but is usually less than 25 or less than 50 copies/ml.
Drug side effects
How can I get rid of resistant Chlamydia
- What's The Difference Between Mouth Herpes And Mouth Cold Sores?
- What Medications Are Prescribed For Chlamydia?
- What Is The Percentage For Positive Herpes Simplex Type 1?
- What If Had Sex After Taking The Pills For Chlamydia?
- What Does Herpes Do To Immune System?
- What Does An Infected Eye With Chlamydia Looks Like?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.