HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

If I miss and dose, should I double dose?

I just realized that I missed my morning dose of kaletra (though I took my emtriva and the other one whose name escapes me.) I just took my evening dose of 3. Should I double up on my kaletra (take 3 more now in the evening for a total of 6) or wait and just take my dose tommorow am.

Response from Dr. Sherer

No. If you miss a dose and 12 hours have elapsed, you should just resume taking the normal dosage.

If you missed a dose and discovered the error 6 hours after it was due, I would advise you to take the next dose at that moment, and then gradually re-adjust the following doses to resume your normal schedule.

By doubling the dose, you would risk a mildly increased risk of GI side effects with no benefit.

NNRTI microbicide: TMC-120
medication reaction with each other