HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

medication reaction with each other

wher can I go, to be able to tell me all the meds I am on and the reaction with each other?

Response from Dr. Sherer

Its best to ask you doctor, especially for people with HIV, who often are on several different types of medication.

Another good source of information on drug interactions is your pharmacist. They have special training in drug interactions, and they have a special responsibility to warn patients about potential drug interactions (as do physicians).

You should be aware that this is not a perfect science. Most studies looking at drug interactions are two-sided, i.e. they look at 2 drugs in a healthy person. The real world situation, in which a patient may take 5 or 10 drugs at a time, is very different. Doctors and pharmacists make inferences about drug interactions from information about the individual agents and their pharmacokinetics and metabolism, and from the two-sided studies noted above.

if resistant to amprenavir-am i resistant lexiva
meds and supplement interactions