HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

if resistant to amprenavir-am i resistant lexiva

Hello- i am curious if I am currently resistant to amprenavir- would I also be resistant to the newer formulation of lexvia?

Response from Dr. Sherer

Yes, a patient who is resistant to amprenavir is most likely also resistant to fos-amprenavir or Lexiva.

That may not be the end of the story, however. You didn't mention by what test you were found to be resistant to amprenavir, and the type of test and the exact result might alter my anwwer somewhat.

Futhermore, even with amprenavir resistance on a genotype test, there are situations in which you may be able to overcome that resistance by pharmacologically intervening by raising the level of amprenavir or fos-amprenavir with ritonavir. In some cases, patients resistant to amprenavir without boosting will become susectible again due to the higher plasma levels.

Timing and Food
medication reaction with each other