HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

PI's and crystals in the eyes

I have been on the complete list of Protese Inhibitors. After a few weeks my eyes develop what the optpmologist describes as crystals. My vision starts to get worse, then my eyes are extremely sensitive to light.When the PI'S are stopped my eyes return, after about 12 weeks, to normal. We suspect it's the PI's. Have you ever heard of this side effect? I'm desperate.

Response from Dr. Boyle

While "abnormal vision" and "eye disorder" are listed as potential adverse events with some of the protease inhibitors, I have never heard of the symptoms you describe as being a side effect associated with the protease inhibitor drugs. You should discuss this with your HIV clinician and ophthomologist and attempt to determine the cause of these problems, and while I doubt that it is related to the protease inhbitors, I can't say for certain.

the effect of drug
T-Cell drop/Drug Resistance?