|215 & VIRAL LOAD AGAIN
Jan 20, 2003
AFTER LOOKING INTO SOME MORE INFO, I DO BELIEVE I STATED MY FIRST QUESTION WRONG. IT ISN'T A 215 MUTATION, 215 & LOW VIRAL LOAD WAS HOW HE TESTED. THEY SAID IT WAS UNUSUAL TO HAVE SUCH A LOW # (SINCE AIDS IS USUALLY 200-) & A LOW VIRAL LOAD. PLEASE REPLY AS SOON AS YOU CAN AS I REALLY WANT TO FIGURE OUT IF HE, BY SOME MIRACLE, HAS BEEN TESTING FALSE POSITIVE.
Response from Dr. Little
He should be retested if you doubt the results, but a 215 mutation and low viral load do not sound inconsistent with a positive HIV result to me.
reply to 215 & LOW VIRAL LOAD
hiv and having sex with others
- How Long Does It Take To Get Results From A Blood Hiv Test?
- Can You Get Hiv If A Nurse Does Not Use Gloves When She Takes Your Blood?
- Getting Hiv And Herpes 2 While Wearing A Condom
- Can Hiv Be Spread By Two Negative People?
- How Long Does It Take Megace Es To Start Working?
- Can A Person Who Has Hepatitis C Work In Health Care?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.