HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

CONFUSED : WINDOW PERIOD of AIDS

CDC said normal cases 3 months, the rare cases 6 months and only 2 people 12 months. That is my knowledge of AIDS window period. One doctor said (Mar.2001) that he saw 2 years window period cases in Africa in an AIDS magazine. And he said, who knows if later, someone will test the positive over 2 years. I dont know what kind of magazine he saw and it is reliable source or NOT? And the other doctor (Oct. 2002) said that the normal case is 6 weeks and test the positive after 6 months, but who knows if someone will test the positive at 10 years or at 20 years and more years later. Some of counselors said the same idea on the web sites. The information of above two doctors makes me confuse AIDS window period. Is it true? . What is the correct information of AIDS window period? CONFUSEDDONFUSED

Pls answer it ASAP. Thanks

Response from Dr. Little

The answer is confusing because it does vary. In general, the window period is 4-12 weeks, but can be longer in very rare cases.

I NEED HELP, AND FAST
lot of PI mutations