Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

CONFUSED : WINDOW PERIOD of AIDS
Jan 11, 2003

CDC said normal cases 3 months, the rare cases 6 months and only 2 people 12 months. That is my knowledge of AIDS window period. One doctor said (Mar.2001) that he saw 2 years window period cases in Africa in an AIDS magazine. And he said, who knows if later, someone will test the positive over 2 years. I dont know what kind of magazine he saw and it is reliable source or NOT? And the other doctor (Oct. 2002) said that the normal case is 6 weeks and test the positive after 6 months, but who knows if someone will test the positive at 10 years or at 20 years and more years later. Some of counselors said the same idea on the web sites. The information of above two doctors makes me confuse AIDS window period. Is it true? . What is the correct information of AIDS window period? CONFUSEDDONFUSED

Pls answer it ASAP. Thanks

Response from Dr. Little

The answer is confusing because it does vary. In general, the window period is 4-12 weeks, but can be longer in very rare cases.

Previous
I NEED HELP, AND FAST
Next
lot of PI mutations

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.