HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

Life Span estimate

Dear Dr Little,

I am a 41 y/o male with AIDS since 95. I have had feno and geno types done in May. I am multi drug resistant and I am on "Rescue Therapy" drugs. My CD4 is 139 with a VL of 75K. My first cd4 in 95 was only 11. I have had PCP twice and thrush. I lost 1/3 of my Spleen in an auto accident in 95. I have failed on almost all drugs now available. I am always aching.

If you had to estimate, what would you say my life expectancy is? I know this is a hard question, but I need and answer. I am facing federal time and need to know if I will see the other side of a 5 year sentence. If not, then the judge may grant me less time. What do you think?

Brian Sherry New York cbsherry@aol.com

Response from Dr. Little

Unfortunately - this is a question best answered by your doctor who has many more details than I have here. It would be irresponsible of me to try and guess with only the limited data that I have now. Sorry.

Non-Suppressive at 6 Months
resistance and chinese herbs