Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Life Span estimate
Nov 22, 2002

Dear Dr Little,

I am a 41 y/o male with AIDS since 95. I have had feno and geno types done in May. I am multi drug resistant and I am on "Rescue Therapy" drugs. My CD4 is 139 with a VL of 75K. My first cd4 in 95 was only 11. I have had PCP twice and thrush. I lost 1/3 of my Spleen in an auto accident in 95. I have failed on almost all drugs now available. I am always aching.

If you had to estimate, what would you say my life expectancy is? I know this is a hard question, but I need and answer. I am facing federal time and need to know if I will see the other side of a 5 year sentence. If not, then the judge may grant me less time. What do you think?

Brian Sherry New York cbsherry@aol.com

Response from Dr. Little

Unfortunately - this is a question best answered by your doctor who has many more details than I have here. It would be irresponsible of me to try and guess with only the limited data that I have now. Sorry.

Previous
Non-Suppressive at 6 Months
Next
resistance and chinese herbs

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.