|What VL level to test?
Nov 22, 2002
My vl just went up from less than 20 copies to 150. While it could be a blip, I am still going to have a resistance test run. Is a resistance test accurate at this low level of viral load or should I wait till it's over, say, 1000 copies or so?
Response from Dr. Little
Resistance tests are not routinely successful in patients with viral load levels of less than 500-1,000 (depending on the assay). At a viral load of 150, I would be suprised if your test could be run - good luck.
cd4 16 vl 215000
Cry for help from africa - will new drugs reduce resistance?
- Black Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.