|RE: may not be blip.
Nov 22, 2002
Saw my Dr. Yesterday He said not worry about the low viral load it seems to be stable it was 166 not 157VL. Also he said resistance tess need at least 1000vl for acuracy is this true. thanks
Response from Dr. Little
While it is possible to perform a resistance test with a viral load of 300-500 copies, some companies to suggest that the minimum threshold be 1,000 in order to be able to provide results consistently. That is, the lower the viral load (ie below 1000), the more often the test result will be unsucessful. At a viral load of 166 or 157 copies, it does seem unlikely that a resistance test would be successful.
What PI to start with??
Ive had 2 combos but cd4 still low
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Sucking Penis Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Hole In Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Catch Hepatitis From Dry Blood?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.