|3 out of 4 useless
Oct 13, 2002
Genotype just in:Resistant to abacavir+sustiva+3TC. 3 of 4 meds, that is. Only d4t still is effective. VRL=1500. CD8/4=300. On current regimen for 3 years. peter
Response from Dr. Little
I don't know the question. If resistance testing shows resistance to abacavir, sustiva and 3TC, then I would try to devise another treatment regimen that did not include these drugs. Regarding d4T, this is one of the drugs that may not always show up drug resistance on a test even when present - so I would not necessarily rely on this drug too heavily in the new treatment regimen you choose.
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Are Genital Warts Deadly?
- What Causes Vaginal Bleeding After Sex?
- ARE SWOLLEN LYMPH NODES IN THE GROIN VISIBLE?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.