For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

whats next

in response to your answer this is my first drug combo of sustiva and combivir i have never been on anything what is next if i am resistant to one or all of these three?

Response from Dr. Little

There are still many choices - principally involving the use of protease inhibitors. I would urge you to discuss all of the possible treatment options and potential toxicities with your provider - there are still options. A resistance test and a past treatment history will be very useful in picking the next potent regimen.

Wasting Symdrome