HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

Virus Levels

Dear, Dr. Little thank you for getting back to me. I have an addtional question. I was just told that I have skipped level 2-3 and went to level 4 within a three month period is this possible, and if so why did'nt my doctor tell me this on my last visit, VL T's counts had not been done in over four months. Or was the doctor trying to protect my mental state of mind due to me becoming Positive just five months ago he had told me that meds would not be needed but I should start therepy to above system brake down, I have been on Sustiva and Combivar with only one side effect, loss of apitite. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Little

Sorry - I'm not clear what you mean by level 2-3 and level 4. Could you try to summarize your question again and let me know what you mean (i.e. viral load went up?) - on or off treatment? etc.

Phenotype HIV 1 Virtual
Virus Levels follow up