HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

whats next?

dear doc,if infact i am becomming resistant to one or more of the drugs im on ( sustiva & combivir )then what next in the line of treatment for me should i start panicing ? please answer

Response from Dr. Little

The choice of your next regimen should be based upon a careful review of what antiretroviral drugs you have taken in the past (and why you stopped each one - i.e. toxicity vs. failure) and a current (and past if available) drug resistance test. It is impossible to make a good recommendation without at least one of these - but both are really ideal (the treatment history is probably more important than the resistance test if you have to pick one or the other). I would talk to your doctor about your options.

taking to much medicine?
Phenotype HIV 1 Virtual