|low platelet count
Jul 23, 2002
I had blood work completed two times l. showed a platelet count of 8l. 2. showed a count of 96. What does a lower than normal platelet count mean. What are the possible causes or consequences? How does one raise a lower than normal count?
Response from Dr. Little
A low platelet count can be related to HIV infection if you are HIV positive. I would need more information to really advise you on the possible significance.
Garlic and drug resistance?
complete resistance for many years
- What's The Difference Between Gonorrhea And Chlamydia?
- What Would Happen If You Had Sex With Someone That Had Genital Warts?
- What Non Sexual Ways Can Herpes Be Spread?
- What Is The Meaning Of Chlamydia Igm Antibodies?
- Can You Get Syphilis With Condom?
- Syphilis Chancre Sores And Tea Tree Oil
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.