|low platelet count
Jul 23, 2002
I had blood work completed two times l. showed a platelet count of 8l. 2. showed a count of 96. What does a lower than normal platelet count mean. What are the possible causes or consequences? How does one raise a lower than normal count?
Response from Dr. Little
A low platelet count can be related to HIV infection if you are HIV positive. I would need more information to really advise you on the possible significance.
Garlic and drug resistance?
complete resistance for many years
- Can You Get Hiv With Protected Sex?
- Can You Get Disability For Having Neuropathy?
- Whats The Percentage Chance Of A Man Getting Hiv From A Woman?
- Will A Herpes Outbreak Go Away Without Medication?
- What Effects Does Syphilis Have On Sterility And Infertility?
- What Effects Can Gonorrhea Have On The Body?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.