|low platelet count
Jul 23, 2002
I had blood work completed two times l. showed a platelet count of 8l. 2. showed a count of 96. What does a lower than normal platelet count mean. What are the possible causes or consequences? How does one raise a lower than normal count?
Response from Dr. Little
A low platelet count can be related to HIV infection if you are HIV positive. I would need more information to really advise you on the possible significance.
Garlic and drug resistance?
complete resistance for many years
- Pain In Balls After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Virgin Get Genital Warts?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Being Fingered?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.