Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Memory Loss
Jul 3, 2002

Hi,

I love this sight. I find it very informative. Here is my question, I have been 100 compliant with my meds (combivir and sustiva) and my numbers are great for the past two years. Last night, about two hours after the ususal time I would take my night time combivir, I could not remember if I had infact taken it so, I popped the little white pill just to play it safe. What type of problems could this bring on with resistances and toxicity?

Thanks

Response from Dr. Little

I would not worry - a single late dose or possible double dose is unlikely to cause you any lasting toxicity or cause any risk of drug resistance. I would not worry about the drug resistance issue at all - if you are generally on time, then a single late dose is not a major issue. If you took a double dose, you may expect some short term (i.e. 6-12 hour) toxicities related to the double dose - but even these are unlikely to be severe and are very unlikely to cause you any longer term problems.

Previous
a really stupid question
Next
Should I have stopped meds that were working for me?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.