Jun 19, 2002
Can you give me info. regarding this disease. I'm being worked up for it. I suddenly lost feeling in my legs, and fingers
Response from Dr. Henry
HIV myelopathy refers to spinal cord disease due to HIV. Vacuolar myelopathy involves gait disturbances which may progress to bladder and/or bowel problems. Deep tendon reflexes may be increased. Another type of HIV myelopathy is mostly sensory with difficulty feeling the feet. Many other infections or conditiona can mimic those findings (such as HTLV-1, herpes, neurosyphilis, vitamin B12 deficiency) so a good work up is essential. KH
can remune help me ?
- Cold Feet After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.