Jun 19, 2002
Can you give me info. regarding this disease. I'm being worked up for it. I suddenly lost feeling in my legs, and fingers
Response from Dr. Henry
HIV myelopathy refers to spinal cord disease due to HIV. Vacuolar myelopathy involves gait disturbances which may progress to bladder and/or bowel problems. Deep tendon reflexes may be increased. Another type of HIV myelopathy is mostly sensory with difficulty feeling the feet. Many other infections or conditiona can mimic those findings (such as HTLV-1, herpes, neurosyphilis, vitamin B12 deficiency) so a good work up is essential. KH
can remune help me ?
- Testimonies Of People Living With Hiv
- What Does A Rash Look Like If You Have Hiv?
- When Having Sex The Condom Broke Is It Possible For You To Get Hiv From An Infected Person?
- Low White Blood Cell Count In Hiv Person
- Man Has Hiv And Partner Wants To Get Pregnant
- What Do Hiv Warts On Vagina Look Like?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.