HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

no change in cd4 count

Dear Dr. Little, I have been on the meds from when I was first diagnosed back in April of 2001, I took two weeks off from the meds from Jan 1 thru Jan 15 of 2002 I've noticed my cd4 count has plateued in other words has remained any where from 325 to 340 cd4 & viral load remaining at an undetectable -40 ,... My question to you is ... is this common for my cd4's to plateau ? I was hoping to reach a cd4 count of 450 by now, could it be that I stoped taking the meds for two weeks back in Janurary have any thing to do with it. ?

Many people "plateau" in there CD4 count. It probably had little to do with your treatment interruption.

confused
can remune help me ?