HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

abacavir

Dear Doctor,

How can I find out if the maker of abacavir has any intentions of producing this drug in a higer dosage so that I will be able to take fewer pills. Currently I'm taking 4 in the morning and 4 at night.

Thanks

Compacting more drug into a single pill is a simple, and attractive way to simplify a drug regimen (similar to recent drug programs for efavirenz and delaviradine). I am not aware of any plans from GlaxoSmithKline in making higher dose pills of abacavir. By the way, the standard dose of abacavir is 1-300 mg tablet twice a day. Are you really taking 1200 mg of abacavir twice a day, or is this the total number of pills (from all of your medications)? BY

so confused
Sustiva Restriction Changes?