May 23, 2002
How can I find out if the maker of abacavir has any intentions of producing this drug in a higer dosage so that I will be able to take fewer pills. Currently I'm taking 4 in the morning and 4 at night.
Response from Dr. Young
Compacting more drug into a single pill is a simple, and attractive way to simplify a drug regimen (similar to recent drug programs for efavirenz and delaviradine). I am not aware of any plans from GlaxoSmithKline in making higher dose pills of abacavir. By the way, the standard dose of abacavir is 1-300 mg tablet twice a day. Are you really taking 1200 mg of abacavir twice a day, or is this the total number of pills (from all of your medications)? BY
Sustiva Restriction Changes?
- Sore On Penis Could I Have AIDS
- Fatigue After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Touching Vaginal Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.