HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

Holiday for over a month now!

Dear Dr. Little,

I have wrote to you several times now. I have been off meds now for about 6weeks, since I now have resistance to several of the drugs I was on. Lab work at two weeks off were CD4=906 and Vl=2500. Labs repeated at 4weeks off were CD4=883 and VL=15,000. What can I expect at this point? My Dr. here in Denver wants me to do labs again at 8 weeks off. Do you think the VL will level off soon? Or could it really explode? Thank-You very much! MJ

Response from Dr. Little

Without knowing more of your history it is difficult to predict, but in general, I would expect your viral load to level off after 4 weeks or so. That is, I would not expect it to "explode" with another 4 weeks off of therapy.

Charts?
Confused!