|Holiday for over a month now!
May 21, 2002
Dear Dr. Little,
I have wrote to you several times now. I have been off meds now for about 6weeks, since I now have resistance to several of the drugs I was on. Lab work at two weeks off were CD4=906 and Vl=2500. Labs repeated at 4weeks off were CD4=883 and VL=15,000. What can I expect at this point? My Dr. here in Denver wants me to do labs again at 8 weeks off. Do you think the VL will level off soon? Or could it really explode? Thank-You very much! MJ
Response from Dr. Little
Without knowing more of your history it is difficult to predict, but in general, I would expect your viral load to level off after 4 weeks or so. That is, I would not expect it to "explode" with another 4 weeks off of therapy.
- Night Sweats After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Does Doxycycline Treat Both Chlamydia And Gonorrhea?
- How Do You Get Genital Warts On Your Butt?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.